Here at Hardi Aged Care, all of our homes offer two types of care, permanent care for when you or a loved one are not able to remain living at home, and respite care for when they need extra support or just a break from day to day life.
Hardi offers permanent care for when a person is no longer able to remain living independently. After an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) assessment, residents can move full-time into a Hardi Aged Care facility and receive the nursing, care and social support that they require around the clock.
While we understand that nothing compares to the independence and memories that come with your own home, at Hardi Aged Care we encourage our residents to decorate their rooms and bring personal items with them in order to create a space they find familiar and feel comfortable in.
We also encourage our residents to continue with many of the activities and the relationships they had in their own home. We suggest they do this by continuing to attend external activities, celebrating their normal lifestyle choices, and observing their faith. Residents are encouraged to invite loved ones to visit. At Hardi Aged Care we promote a home-like environment and a community atmosphere. Visitors are welcome at all times, as long as they are respectful of all our residents and staff.
Here at Hardi Aged Care, we understand that caring for someone can be extremely satisfying, as well as demanding, both physically and mentally. Respite care provides you with much-needed support, an option for a temporary stay in a residential aged care facility from a period of a week, to up to two months. As with permanent care, each resident in respite care must have a current ACAT assessment.
Residents may enter respite for a variety of reasons, including the need for some extra support and care following a hospital stay, or while recovering from an illness. We also provide respite in the event that a full-time career needs a break from their caring role for any reason.
We know that leaving loved ones in the care of others can be daunting, which is why at Hardi Aged Care we provide round the clock personalised care, so you can feel reassured that the person you care for is being well looked after. A break can also be beneficial for the person being cared for, bringing new experiences, new conversation and a change of scenery.
As part of living at Hardi Aged Care in both Permanent or Respite, we offer a range of services to our residents which are included in the fees:
- 24-hour care proved by trained nursing staff
- Weekly and/or fortnightly bus outings including picnics and BBQs. This includes half and full-day outings (check out our stories of residents bus trips)
- Bed making
- Laundry services
- Room and bathroom cleaning (personal effects not induced)
- Home-cooked, culturally diverse meals and snacks prepared by the Hardi chef. (This includes hot breakfast)
- Tea and Coffee making facilities
- Interesting and stimulating recreational activity programs including cultural, social, physical and cognitive lifestyle activities (Check out our Hardi Blog page for more information on lifestyle choices)
- Celebration of special events, national days and birthdays
- Books, CDs, DVDs (exception to audio books)
- Arts and crafts
- Music and pet therapy
- Dance and exercise
- Internal concerts
- Community visits from the local school and charity organisations
- Spiritual and emotional support including clergy visits
- Access to interpreter services and CALD information sheets
- Public telephone
- Foxtel and digital TV
- WiFi at some locations
Residents have the opportunity to arrange additional personal service items, these items incur costs which are chargeable to residents, and may include:
- Newspaper, magazines, and audiobooks
- Beauty services including manicures, pedicures, facials, massage, and waxing
- Dru cleaning
- E-ray and pathology services
- Preferred toiletry items
- Specialised dressings and equipment
- Escort duties to external appointments
- Key charge to locked bedsides drawer
- External concerts movies and events
NPS Medicine Wise
Department of Ageing and Aged Care
Aged Care Help lines
My Aged Care
You can call the phone line on 1800 200 422 between 8.00 am and 8.00 pm on weekdays and between 10.00 am and 2.00 pm on Saturdays. The My Aged Care phone line is closed on Sundays and national public holidays.